When the pain doesn't go away

When the pain doesn't go away, God is still there.
Let me tell you about Him.

I've had a pinched nerve for several weeks now that is causing immense pain day and night. I've been through steroids, prescription pain killers and am awaiting physical therapy next week. In the meantime, the pain is sometimes overwhelming and almost unbearable. But God doesn't leave me, and He gives me strength. I can feel His love. And, love makes all the difference in the world doesn't it??

It is so well, human I guess to want to be healed immediately from the pain. God as healed me miraculously before. But He does not always. He often chooses to use time and/or doctors.

Today before Bible study at church, God answered a prayer none of us knew we were going to pray a few hours later. Several of us that were there first were locked out of our 'classroom' while we were waiting for it to begin. As we sat in the hall and talked, two of the ladies told me about an excellent doctor that combines physical therapy, a "non-cracking" chiropractic approach and deep muscle tissue therapy. He has helped so many people and takes a very holistic approach. I believe God will use him to heal me of this. I have an appointment next week.

After Bible study, several of the ladies laid hands on me and prayed for my healing. My shoulder was not healed at that moment, but it brought a balm to my heart. These ladies sacrificed the prayer time for themselves to come pray for me. That meant the world to me. And, remember , just hours before hand, through unusual circumstances I had gotten the name of a doctor I never would have gotten otherwise.

Later, back at home, I hurt so badly all I could do was sit on the couch somewhat incoherently in pain and my two sons did not leave my side. I didn't ask them to stay with me but they did. They both grabbed books and sat on the other couch the whole afternoon with me. God showed Himself to me through them too. About 4pm they finally got up to go in the other room when it was time for me to make dinner, and my 11 year old kissed me on the top of my head as he left and said, "God bless you Mommy."

Do you know what? He surely has!

God shows Himself through many ways, circumstances and people. And even when He doesn't take away the pain, there is one thing much more important He does not take away....Himself.

And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches. Proverbs 24:4

Christ is my knowledge, and He has made my chambers full of all precious and pleasant riches. Hallelujah!

No comments: