Bible Verses

I thought that I would share my life verses here and why/what they mean to me. :)

Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
This verse reminds me that you can have all you want on this earth, but what is it going to get you in heaven.

Proverbs 31:30 "Favor is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a women that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised."
This verse means, that you can be pretty, (or for men whatever) but fearing the Lord means much, much more, and the Lord will bless you for it.

Philippians 2:7-11 (I won't write all the verses, but I will do verse 7 and you can look up the rest.) "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"
I like these verses because.... They tell of Jesus being a servant and a humble one. I want to walk in the footsteps of Jesus. I want to be a servant for Christ! :)
I hope these verses help you as they do me.

1 comment:

JTR said...

I really like Romans 8:28 and have since college. It gives me such peace and security. God is in control...and even in everything is working for me!! It is a blessing. I worry too much.