Wiggle Room?

As I sat on the beach looking at the ocean, I noticed how there were only a few yards difference between high tide and low tide. The ocean is so big, so mighty, yet it stops at the exact place God commanded it. I thought of a sermon I heard about how God told the sea it's boundries and told it to go no further, and the sea said "yes Lord". God placed all the planets and gave them their exact rotation, and the planets said, "yes Lord". God gave people commands and people said "NO!".

I went back to how little "wiggle" room this large body of water has - stopping yards from the same place at both tides. In our Christian walk, our wiggle room on the narrow path, like the ocean, isn't much. We have to abide in Christ to bear much fruit for the Lord.

The wisest man on earth penned this:

Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes. (Song of Solomon 2:15)

In our walk we need to be aware of the foxes that spoil the fruit. 
Notice they are "little foxes" - it doesn't have to be a quote, "big sin" to spoil your fruit. Any sin, any disobedience, any area of our lives unyeilded to the Lord can spoil our fruit.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (John 15:5)

Only in Christ can we bring forth fruit that is pleasing.

Song of Solomon 7:12 says, "Let us get up early to the vineyards; ...."
Get up early to spend time with the Lord. In that time, let HIM tend to the branches - watering, feeding and pruning. HE will catch and prune away the foxes that spoil our fruit for Him. He will make our paths straight - we just need to be obedient. :)

Amen!

No comments: