Psa 119:57-64

“At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments.” (v.62)

When was the last time you attended, or even heard about, and all-night prayer meeting? They are a rarity nowadays, but perhaps more desperately needed than ever before. I know I have never attended an all-nighter, in my 33 years of serving the Lord (at the time of this writing). Why not? Because praying just doesn’t seem important enough anymore, or so it seems. At “midnight” there are usually no interruptions; it is just us and the Lord. It may be the best time to really get hold of God. Late at night, or, (as I prefer) early in the morning are truly special “quiet times” with the Lord, in which we can spend some quality time with Him. So, not only is it important to read the Bible daily, but to have a time of prayer daily is indeed a precious thing.

I like to rise early, before anyone else is up, and read my Bible, and meditate and pray, in fact, I really look forward to it every morning now. An important part of prayer is thanksgiving; it may be the most important part, if we could put one element above the other. Prayer is definitely an integral part of our Christian life, and ought to be done “without ceasing” (1 Thess. 5:17).

Many ask “What is prayer”? I believe it is simply talking with God. Many of my prayers that obtained the most results were when my heart desperately cried out unto the Lord, either in sorrow or anxiety, or even from rejoicing greatly, each prayer must be motivated by some emotion. I consider these times the real quality prayers that moved God to action, and, after all, isn’t that why we pray? Try waking up early, or in the middle of the night, and spend some quiet, “quality” time with God.

No comments: