Psalms 119:97-104

Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.” (v.104)

Oh the truth of this verse. We truly do get understanding through His precepts, specifically the keeping of them. There are three verses in this passage that are rather outstanding, and astonishing, they are, 98, 99, and 100.

“Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.”

Do you see what keeping His commandments can do for us? Look to Job 28:28 and we see the definition for wisdom and also for understanding.

“And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.”

To have understanding is to keep His Laws. By these, and by doing so, we are made wiser than our enemies, with the ability to outsmart them; we are of better understanding than our teachers, and even know more than the ancients, because we keep God’s commandments. His Word will teach us to “hate every false way” and we will walk in a way that is pleasing to Him. We will live our lives victoriously, honestly, and Holily before Him and thereby reap a multitude of blessings. All this through the Word, or by His Word, in which we live and breath and have our being. Finally, look at 1 Jn. 3:22:
“And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.”

Oh, the wondrous Word of God, how could we be without it?

No comments: