God Takes Care of His People

Recently while reading my Bible I came across these verses (well this chapter) and since I keep a Bible/Prayer Journal (which is a good thing to do by the way) I was able to look back and post some of the things I wrote down.

Psalms 73:1-28 says: I am quoting only a few verses... not the whole chapter. :)

Verse 1- "Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart."
Verse 3 - "For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked." The rest of the verses from 3-22 talk about... even though the wicked and foolish might be prosperous... their lives are destroyed. But from 23-28... the psalmst talks about how good God is to him... no matter what the circumstances. Verse 23 and 25 are two of my favorite verses...
vs 23 "Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand."
vs 25 "Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee"
Then verse 26 is so key! "My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever." just goes to show you how unimportant we are and how IMPORTANT God is! We are weak but GOD is strong!
And to wrap up the verses verse 27 and 28 "For lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee."
vs 28 "But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works."

What I wrote in my Bible/Prayer Journal:
Most of the chapter talks about God taking care of His people- God will put us in a slippery place for a reason..... maybe to get our attention, maybe to get us to praise Him and not ourselves. There is always a reason, we may not always know why... but even when God does put us through things, it is for our good.... so you see God IS taking care of us!

Stepheny

No comments: