Latest Quips and Quotes

Quotes and Quips
"Spiritual leadership requires spirit filled people. Other qualities are important, to be spirit filled is indispensable." J. Oswald Sanders

"It is much better to be drawn by the joys of heaven, than driven by the sorrows of earth." - C. H. Mackintosh

"No, I distinctly remember forgetting that." - Clara Barton (when asked about a past slight)

"The measure of maturity is not age, but the acceptance of responsibility." - Cary Schmidt

"The acid test of our love for God is obedience to His Word." - Bob Jones, Sr.

"Let us never forget that what we are is more important than what we do." - Hudson Taylor

"We talk of the Second Coming; half the world has never heard of the first." - Oswald J. Smith

"'Run, John, run,' the law demands, but gives me neither feet nor hands.
Better news the Gospel brings, It bids me fly and gives me wings." - John Bunyan

"Time is given us to use in view of eternity." - H.A. Ironside

"A revival is nothing else than a new beginning of obedience to God." - Charles Finney

"Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Unchain it and it will defend itself." - C.H. Spurgeon

"More men fail through lack of purpose than lack of talent." - Billy Sunday

"Anything that dims my vision for Christ, or takes away my taste for Bible study, or cramps me in my prayer life, or makes Christian work difficult, is wrong for me; and I must, as a Christian turn away from it." - J. Wilbur Chapman

It is not only that sin consists in doing evil, but in not doing the good that we know. - H.A. Ironside

"Peace is such a precious jewel that I would give anything for it but truth." - Matthew Henry

God does test us, but they are open Book tests!


Have a favorite? Submit it at bibletruth@live.com ~ Or, if you would like these in your inbox as published, Subscribe to Quotes and Quips by Email

No comments: