THE ONLY PERFECT ROSE




NOW WHEN THE WORLD IS CLOSING IN AND LIFE BECOMES A BURDEN AND I WANT TO RUN, BUT THERE’S NO PLACE TO HIDE. I JUST LOOK UP LIKE OLD STEPHEN TO THE RIGHT HAND OF MY FATHER AND HE ROLLS ME OVER THE TIDE



WELL I’VE NEVER SAID A PRAYER THAT HE COULD NOT ANSWER, AND I’VE NEVER SHED A TEAR THAT HE COULD NOT DRY. NOW WHEN THE WAVES OF LIFE ARE SO HIGH YOU CAN’T MOUNT THEM, THEN I KNOW HE’LL ROLL YOU OVER THE TIDE.

These are some of the words to one of my favorite songs. Today, I just want to share with you some of the things I have learned over my past nearly 68 years on this earth.

First I need to tell you for those who don't already know, I am just a sinner saved by God's grace, certainly nothing more and nothing less! I have been secure in that grace since I was a girl of eleven years old. I have failed Him many times, I have sought my own way at times, I have put myself first at times but he has never left me nor forsaken me. He always stood there with His nail pierced Hands out- streached waiting to lift me up back into His arms as soon as I ask to be forgiven. I have had to do that more times than I can count but He never seems to weary of me, He just keeps teaching me and loving me.

As I learn one lesson, He quickly begins to teach me another. It is sometimes a harder one but now I know, He is making me more like Him. So, I don't dread the lessons as I once did for now I understand it all more. He is the potter and I am the clay and He will be working on me until I take my last breath here on earth and open my eyes at HOME.

In all the years the best and most important lesson that I have learned as one of HIS children is that I MUST TRUST HIM IN ALL THINGS. He must be first in my life. He wants no less. I have learned that if I trust HIm, no matter what comes my way, even though for a time my outer countenance may be cast down, in my heart is a joy that He gives me and nothing can take that from me. It was a hard lesson for me to learn, I thought I could always do things my way and on my own. My pride would not accept any help. But I learned that if God made me, then I must go to HIm for the help that I need for my broken heart, my messed up life, for all the sickness and sadness that comes into each life. Oh what a relief it has been to learn this, IT has taken the burden off myself and put it where He told me to put it, ON HIM.

I realized a lot, a few years ago when I had the small stroke. All and everything is in God's Hands. We can do nothing without HIm and with Him All things are possible!! That stroke has been one of the best things that ever happened to me and I am so very thankful that I went through it and God made the impossible possible again! As I look back, I realize now that He has done that many times in my life, I just did not give Him the credit, He deserved. All glory and praise go to Him. I am nothing without Him in my life. Every good thing that is in my life, has come directly from Him. If you see any bad and ugly here, I made it that way, not Him. He is always GOOD!

I often wondered why He just keeps on keeping on with me but now I finally know the answer and it is so simple. HE LOVES ME. He has loved me so much longer before I even wanted to love Him much less really know Him. He has always loved me!

I wish that I could impart this knowledge to all of you but I can not, each must learn for themselves.

I know now though, that I am not a watch, so I can't go to the watch maker, to be fixed,so, I am not a car so I can not go to the mechanic, to be fixed. I am not a television so I can not go to the TV repair man, to be fixed. I am a human being made and fashioned by God. It is He who has given me life. So when I become ill or have a ache or pain in my heart and I am not working right and things are becoming more than I can bear.....HE IS THERE, MY MAKER. He has the answers that will make me whole again. There is not one problem, that I may have, that He can not take care of....if I am willing to go to Him and trust Him.

I just wanted to share these things with you today and I love you all because and only because God first loved me. connie

No comments: