YOU ASK WHY I AM HAPPY~ ~ ~ ~

YOU ASK WHY I AM HAPPY, SO I'LL JUST TELL YOU WHY~ ~ ~ ~




MY SINS ARE GONE
by:N.B. Vandall

"YOU ASK WHY I AM HAPPY SO I'LL JUST TELL YOU WHY, BECAUSE MY SINS ARE GONE;
AND WHEN I MEET THE SCOFFERS WHO ASK ME WHERE THEY ARE. I SAY,MY SINS ARE GONE

THEY'RE UNDERNEATH THE BLOOD, ON THE CROSS OF CALVARY, AS FAR REMOVED AS DARKENSS IS FROM DAWN; IN THE SEA OF GOD'S FORGETFULNESS, THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME, PRAISE GOD, MY SINS ARE GONE!"

As I pause to remember the day that Jesus took MY sins away, how happy my heart becomes. I remember the moment as I knelt at that old time altar on an old hard board floor, as I gave my life to Jesus Christ. The burdens I had carried for as long as I could remember that I was a sinner. Suddenly they were gone!!Just plain gone! They were no more! Jesus had taken them away.I was free!I was a new creation in Christ Jesus.I was clean, I was born again. This time, my soul was set free!

"'TWAS AT THE OLD TIME ALTAR WHERE GOD CAME IN MY HEART, AND NOW, MY SINS ARE GONE;
THE LORD TOOK FULL POSSESSION, THE DEVIL DID DEPART, I'M GLAD MY SINS ARE GONE,

WHEN SATAN COME TO TEMPT ME AND TRIES TO MAKE ME DOUBT, I SAY, MY SINS ARE GONE; YOU GOT ME INTO TROUBLE, BUT JESUS GOT ME OUT, I'M GLAD MY SINS ARE GONE."

When we find ourselves doubting or in fear of our circumstances,then we MUST remember if Jesus Christ saved us and we did nothing for that salvation then it is He that keeps us. We do not keep ourselves!! Thank God for that! I just know that when I surrendered my life, knowing I was a sinner and that I could do nothing to save my self I knew that I needed a Saviour. So with child like faith, I placed by my will, my life totally in the hands of my Saviour, Jesus Christ to save me. He did!!So, today as I did back then 57 years ago, I believe that Jesus saved me and it is He that keeps me!! So, when Satan come to us and cause us to doubt or fear anything in our circumstances, I go back to that WONDERFUL DAY, WHEN JESUS TOOK MY SINS AWAY.!!

In 2Timothy 1:7-9.....For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner; but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God' Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to OUR works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

"I'm living now for Jesus, I'm happy night and day, Because My sins are gone; My soul is filled with music, with all my heart I say, I know my sins are gone."

I am just a sinner saved by grace, God's grace, When I say sinner, that is what I am!! But I am different that those who have not been saved by God's grace, I'm saved because when God looks down at me, He does not see me but He sees the blood of His Precious Son who shed His blood to cover my sins and when I accepted His payment for those sins,(which was the shedding of His blood).When I think of all that my mind will even comprehend in the things He went through leading up to and including the shedding of His blood,on the cross of Calvary, my heart breaks because of HOW MUCH, He gave for me that day!I am overwhelmed with love and thanksgiving for what He was willing to do for me! "I say, I know my sins are gone."

Why would I not do everything in my power to live for Him. YES, I fail at time but always striving to be more like Him, in my living and in my thinking.It breaks my heart when I know that I have failed Him and have not lived in a way that is pleasing to Him.I want to be daily more like Him and live more close to Him. I count nothing to great a sacrifice!Not the "pleasures" of this world, not my pride, my life. It all belongs to Him.

NOW LET ME TELL YOU WHY, I KNOW MY SINS ARE GONE! BECAUSE GOD'S WORD,(THE BIBLE)TELL ME,as put into the words of a song writer:

"THEY'RE UNDERNEATH THE BLOOD, ON THE CROSS OF CALVARY, AS FAR REMOVED AS DARKNESS IS FROM DAWN; IN THE SEA OF GOD'S FORGETFULNESS, THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME, PRAISE GOD, MY SINS ARE GONE."

Thank you for letting me share this with you today. Sometimes my heart overflows with God's great love for us all and especially when I think of His love for me, I just have to share it!!connie

No comments: