When It's All Said and Done



Some of the most insightful words are spoken by those closest to death.  I'm not being morbid, I'm making an observation.  When you're looking back over your life, you'll be in the wisest state of mind ever possible this side of eternity.  I am most touched by the following quotes given by men who were not saved, because it appears that as they are dying, the truth is finally dawning on them.  However, there are many quotes below by men who were saved and those are especially encouraging.  Live your life with a view toward eternity!


I think I'll sleep now. -George Washington Carver


I go from a corruptible to an incorruptible Crown, where no disturbance can be, no disturbance in the world. Remember! -Charles I, King of England


I have tried so hard to do right. -Grover Cleveland


It's very beautiful over there. -Thomas Jefferson


This is absurd! This is absurd! -Sigmund Freud
Note: He is also reported to have said “The meager satisfaction that man can extract from reality leaves him starving.”


 I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country. -Nathan Hale


Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees. -Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson


Solely by the merits of Jesus Christ, Our Saviour. -Johannes Kepler


The taste of death is upon my lips…I feel something, that is not of this earth. -Mozart


Take me home. I was born in the South and I wish to die and be buried in the South. -Booker T. Washington


I am ready. -Woodrow Wilson


(wikiquote.org)






No comments: