I am grateful to have a day to reflect on my many blessings. Here are some of the things I was thankful for today:
- The opportunity to experience the joy, pride, and even frustration of being the mother of teenage boys.
- Healthy parents.
- Siblings who jumped on planes to attend appointments with me.
- Siblings who attended appointments with mom and dad when I couldn't.
- Siblings who sent care packages, cards, and texts.
- A family that made sure I ate well.
- A sister who hung out with me for twelve hours of surgery and chemo.
- Siblings-in-law who spent hours on the phone and internet helping me find solutions.
- Friends who wore "Vera shirts" on Fridays.
- Answered prayers.
- Strength and peace during a trying year.
- Assurance: "To live is Christ; to die is gain."
One of my favorite quotes is, "Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery; today is a gift. That's why it's called the Present." I am so thankful each of you! I love you!