A Blessing: Job and the Millennium

Something in the book of Job thrilled my soul to read today, and I think it will for you too. What a wonderful Lord we have. So I'm working on a study about the Millennial Kingdom, and what it meant to people all throughout the Old Testament. To Adam and Eve, the promise in Gen. 3:15 meant that maybe they'd get back to the garden. To Enoch, well, in Jude he was the first man to preach about the Second Coming about 2,500 years before the first coming.

I can't believe I made the mistake of overlooking Job! To him the promise of the Kingdom meant seeing his Redeemer and having a new body.

Job 19:25-26, "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26) And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:"


That is one of the most exciting passages in the Bible to me. Job is talking about something that Paul speaks about in I Cor. 15 - a new body. Job KNEW that his soul wouldn't simply see God, but that his weak and frail body that had been devastated by boils would one day die and be resurrected to a new and a glorious body free from disease and imperfection. Job knew it 2,000 years before Paul told us the same thing in the New Testament!

But that's not where it ends. Try to put yourself where Job was. His family, other than his wife, is dead and he's alone and miserable. Maybe he wants some recognition or understanding or something. He's one of the most dedicated servants of Jehovah, and is this how he is to die? A broken, beaten, hurting man? Is this his legacy?

Every man wants to leave a legacy. Every man wants to be remembered by something, by someone. Before Job cried the words about one day seeing his Redeemer, he said the following...

Job 19:23-24, "Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!
24) That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!"


Job wanted to be remembered and he wanted his life to count for something.

And every hurting saint ever since then has turned to the book that contains the words of Job to find peace and comfort.

God answered the prayer of Job's heart. His words were put in a book.

The best book ever written - the Bible!

My site - http://www.truthandsong.com/

My articles - http://ricksarticles.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Vera Godley said...

Very well said. Now turn on Handel's Messiah and listen to "I Know That My Redeemer Liveth." Your heart and soul will take wing!

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

I found Job 19 while reading through the Bible chronologically. Yes, I had read it before, but this time this caught my soul -- Job writing what I've been singing -- My redeemer liveth, and so shall I, with Him eternally. Oh, that those we love who have turned from Him could realize.

Rick Schworer said...

Amen!