But He sought us where we were...




I love this line of a song (I will add a link so you can hear the song). It is a beautiful song, but lately, the third verse about Jesus our Shepherd brings a tear of gratitude to my eye. As I go through life, the images and icons I am drawn to change, but lately it has been Jesus as my Shepherd. I never grasped the full meaning of this thought before, but He is a loving and kind, caring Guide, and such a good, good, wonderful Shepherd, who will bring us SAFELY HOME TO GOD! (Amen!) Here are the words to the song, I hope you take the time to listen to it, and I hope it blesses you too.

He was wounded for our transgressions,
He bore our sins in His body on the tree;
For our guilt He gave us peace,
From our bondage gave release,
And with His stripes,
and with His stripes,
And with His stripes our souls are healed.

He was numbered among transgressors,
We did esteem Him forsaken by His God;
As our sacrifice He died,
That the law be satisfied,
And all our sin,
and all our sin,
And all our sin was laid on Him.

We had wandered, we all had wandered
Far from the fold of "the Shepherd of the sheep";
But He sought us where we were,
On the mountains bleak and bare,
And bro't us home,
and bro't us home,
And bro't us safely home to God.


Music HERE

No comments: