Peace After Prayer

Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

As I was reading Paul's letter to the saints of Philippi, one word stood out to me when I came to these two verses: the word "And" found at the beginning of verse 7. A lot of people like to quote verse 7, but never properly tie it in with verse 6. The only way we can truly have the peace of God is to first be careful for nothing and pray about everything.

When Christians lack peace, it is often because they lack prayer. I am afraid many born-again believers have no peace because they have no prayer.

Where can you begin to find the peace of God? In your personal prayer closet.

1 comment:

JTR said...

Amen, great note about context. I know in my storms, when I have prayed about ti all and left it at God's feet, that is when I am free to let go, and that brings peace.