Attitude Adjustment

Remember the Morton salt ad "When it rains, it pours"? Life is so often the same way. Yet we are so very blessed. Personally, sometimes it is easy for me to lose sight of the blessings under the piles of, well..."salt" that is poured my way.

That isn't a God-honoring attitude though. I have a special Scripture that is kept in my kitchen. I look at it as I prepare our meals. This beautiful word always gives me a proper attitude adjustment. One can't help but read it and be thankful! :)

Deuteronomy 12:7 And there ye shall eat before the LORD your God, and ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households, wherein the LORD thy God hath blessed thee.

It is amazing how Scripture can change our lives, brighten our day and give us hope when we hide it in our heart! I pray it be a blessing to you also. Our God is good!!!

2 comments:

JeNi said...

WE serve a God that blesses us beyond reason I'm so happy I found him.

JTR said...

I have a picture of a very messy kitchen I keep posted in my kitchen to keep my attitude in check about dirty dishes! It says "Thank God for the mess, it means He has provided"! I'd rather have too many dishes to wash, than not enough food to eat!