A Different Kind of Thanksgiving List
~ by Jane Coley
 
I’m thankful to know affliction... for without it, my spirit would not strive for more.
~ "It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes."
Psalm 119:71
 
I’m thankful to know sorrow... for without it, my heart would not know the depth of joy.
~ "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy."
Psalm 126:5
 
I’m thankful to know the disappointments of friendships... for without it, I would miss the value of a true friend.
~ "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."
Proverbs 27:17
 
I’m thankful to know financial struggles... for without it, I would waste so much.
~ "Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? Or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain."
Proverbs 30:8, 9
    
I’m thankful to know physical pain... for without it, my attention would not be drawn to the suffering of others.
~ "Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God."
II Corinthians 1:4
 
I’m thankful to know conviction... for without it, I would not know redemption.
~ "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace" 
 Ephesians 1:7
 
I’m thankful to know these things...
I’m thankful these things "visit" me...
I’m thankful they don’t stay long.
 
 

No comments: